cute layout

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello from across the pond!

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since my last post. In case you haven't heard, Kyle passed his paramedic test!! Good is good!! Things are going well here. I feel nice and settled in and into a routine finally. Deloitte has a gym and spa just for employees. It's great! I joined the gym and its conventient to go on my way home from work. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the discount massage services...eventually. Our flat got a makeover. Bethany's parents are in town and her mom decorated the place and it looks so wonderful and homey now! Her dad, through the use of slingbox, set up our TV so that we can watch US TV! It's awesome! Now we can watch all our favorite shows just like if we were at home. In case you've never heard, UK TV stinks. There are about 20 BBC channels and that's it! I've taken a liking for going to shows here! We've gone to a show for the past 3 weekends...Wicked, Oliver, and Love Never Dies. Musicals are my new favorite thing! The weather has definitely taken a turn for the worse. Cold, wind, and rain are a lovely combo. You pretty much must have an umbrella on your person at all times! Tomorrow is another tube strike. Looking forward to a miserable commute to work! It's pretty much a madhouse when the tubes strike. Getting anywhere in the city is a joke. Next weekend I leave for Rome, Italy for 5 days. I'm going for US training but we are going 2 days early to do sightseeing. The agenda includes the Vatican and Colleseum. This fall is full of visitors...Bethany's parents this week, my mom in early November, Kyle in mid-late November, and then Kirstie in early December! Then I'm home for Christmas! I'm so excited to see some familiar faces! I miss you all and I'll try to write more consistently!

No comments:

Post a Comment